Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The UPS and DOWNS!

Well we were on a high yesterday, we reweighed Gavin and thought he had gained 15ounces! Well I got the mom instinct today, I just kept thinking something is wrong, something is wrong. It was like a nagging voice in my head and I couldnt get rid of it. I finally made an appointment to get him reweighed and.....he lost 5 ounces overnight. He is now 13lbs 6oz! Now every weigh in is 2 hours after his bottle and at least 3 hours after solids, he is naked with a size 2 dry diaper so there is little room for flucuations due to other factors. I was very dissapointed but it reminded me of something. We are the MOMS! We know when something is not right with our own children. We have instinct and we are the advocates. It was a reminder to follow my mommy heart when I feel something is not right. Nonetheless his weight gain now at 10 ounces since Thursday is still WAY more than its been in months and so Im counting this as a WIN! We have an appointment with Primary on the 19th. Here is to the next 2.5 weeks and hoping we keep growing!

2 comments:

Shauna Spendlove said...

Wow that is really good considering his track record!! Way to go Gavin!! =) You are such a good mom and I have loved talking to you through this! You are so strong and such a good example to me!! Love you!

egebs said...

10 is great. What a wonderful mom you are. Hope he keeps gaining. Love you lots.

My Music